Under the General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR], we have a legal duty to protect any personal data we collect from you, to be explicit about what purposes we are using it for and to make it easy for you to opt out from receiving communication from us at any time.
In this context, personal data refers to any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified.
This Privacy Notice explains more about how we collect, use and respect the personal data we collect from you.
What type of information do we have?
We currently collect the following information:
- Contact information [for example name, email address, website address, postal address, phone number]
- Personal identifiers [CV]
- Financial information [bank and insurance details]
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- We are working together or exploring the possibility of working together
- You have contacted us to apply for one of our artist/ associate opportunities
- You have contacted us to find out more about our work
- You have contacted us so that we are aware of your work and so that we may consider you for commissions with us in the future
- You are a supplier or client
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources:
- We may identify your contact details from your website or publicly accessible internet sources
Under the GDPR the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legitimate interest
What we do with the information we have?
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Fulfil a contract
- Enable us to discuss working together
- Appoint you to work with us as an artist / associate
- Make payments to appointed artists/ associates and suppliers
- Process your application to work with us as an artist / associate
- Fulfil a request to find out more about our work and any opportunities we have available
If you are appointed to work with us, we may share this information with the relevant client in order that they can contact you directly/ make payments to you directly [as set out in your contract].
We use the xero accounting package to process invoices. Xero takes data security seriously and has numerous layers of security in place to protect personal data. You can read xero’s privacy notice here: https://www.xero.com/uk/about/privacy/.
We will never share your personal data for marketing purposes with external companies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law you have rights including:
Your right of access: you have the right to access us for copies of your personal information
Your right to rectification: you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure: you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing: you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability: you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
If you would like to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, or if you would like to ask us to correct or remove any data you think is inaccurate, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to make any other request about your data please also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
By email: email@example.com
By post: Studio Response, 23 Holgate Rd, Llandaff, Cardiff, CFS 2PE.