Take part in our rainbow project to honour and celebrate our wonderful NHS!
Studio Response is delighted to be working in partnership with Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB) to curate the arts programme for the Grange University Hospital, Llanfrechra, and we want your rainbow pictures for our new artworks!
2020 will go down in history as the year that the COVID-19 global pandemic changed the way we live our lives. Although we have found ourselves apart from others in lockdown, one thing that has united communities up and down the country is our deep admiration and gratitude for all that the NHS is doing to save lives and keep us safe. This groundswell of support has come to be symbolised by the rainbows that now fill our streets.
We want to create new artworks for the Grange University Hospital that capture the spirit of hope encapsulated in the rainbow and we want your rainbow pictures to be at their heart! We would like you to submit your rainbow picture to us at Studio Response. Selected rainbows will be digitally knitted together to produce artworks that will be installed at the Grange University Hospital and will also feature in a booklet produced to celebrate the project.
Please join in and submit your rainbow pictures following the steps below. We welcome submissions from people of all ages, however if you are under 18 you will need a parent or guardian to submit your artwork for you. The deadline for submitting your pictures is 13th July 2020.
Your rainbow must be on white A4 paper in landscape format. There should be no text on your picture.
Thank you for taking part in our rainbow project. We can’t wait to see your pictures!
Step 1 - Take a photograph of your rainbow picture. If you would also like to leave a message of support for the NHS please write this on a white A4 paper in landscape format and take a separate photograph of this.
Step 2 - Click on this link: https://wetransfer.com/
Step 3 - Upload your maximum of two photographs by clicking “Add your files”.
Step 4 - Complete the message section as follows:
If you are submitting a rainbow picture as a parent / guardian on behalf of someone under 18 years old:
- Their name
- Their hometown
- Your phone number
- Your email address
If you are over 18 years old and submitting your own rainbow picture:
- Your name
- Your hometown
- Your email address and phone number
Step 5 - Put email@example.com in the “email to” section. Put your email address in the “your email” section. Press send.
By sending your rainbow picture and message to us you are agreeing to allow us to use your rainbow picture and message as part of the artworks for the Grange University Hospital and accompanying booklet, and for us to contact you about the artwork if required, in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- Studio Response and Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB) are creating a series of artworks for the Grange University Hospital which will utilise rainbow pictures submitted by members of the public. The selected rainbow pictures and details of their creators will be included in a booklet produced to accompany the installed artworks.
- The rainbow pictures will be selected by Studio Response, representative of ABUHB and the designer appointed to create the designs of the final artworks. Selection will be based on the artworks’ character, interest, ability to convey the message of hope and gratitude and its contribution to the overall aesthetic and quality of the final artworks.
- By submitting your artwork, or by submitting the artwork of an under 18 year old of whom you are the parent / guardian you need to know and agree to the following:
- We can’t guarantee that your rainbow picture will be used in the artworks for the Grange.
- Accordingly, by submitting your rainbow picture you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we and third parties authorised by us:
- May use your rainbow picture in the artworks for the Grange and accompanying booklet in any way we see fit in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity without further liability or acknowledgement to you (and you hereby give us all necessary consents and waivers, (including waivers or moral rights) for such purposes;
- Shall be entitled to edit, manipulate, crop and adapt your rainbow picture at our discretion
- May identify you by name and use these in any marketing and publicity to accompany the project and in the booklet which will accompany the artworks
- You must comply with the following:
- You must be over 18 years old, or you must have your parent / guardian’s permission to submit your rainbow picture
- You must be resident in the United Kingdom
- You must confirm that the rainbow picture is your own work and that to the best of your knowledge and belief you own and control all the rights in and to the picture
- You must not include any third party material in your rainbow picture
Thank you / Diolch!